August 1, 2022
The City Government of Davao is preparing assistance to victims of the magnitude 7 quake that hit Abra last week.
Acting Davao City Administrator Atty. Francis Mark Layog said that the city government is now complying with the requirements so that aid can be sent to the earthquake victims.
Layog said that the said reconstitution of the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (CDRRMC) is necessary for the release of the budget.
“Up for reconstitution pa ang atong disaster council and after that definitely magpadala nata og tabang (Our disaster council is up for reconstitution and after that, definitely, we will send help),” Layog said.
In a separate interview with Davao City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) Head Alfredo Baloran, he said that they are in coordination with other departments to fast-track the reconstitution.
He said that once the reconstitution is done, they will call for an emergency meeting to discuss the aid.
“The new disaster council members will take up the financial assistance,” he said.
He added that in the past, the city government gave Php 1 Million in financial assistance for provinces hit by disasters, Php 500,000 for cities, and Php 300,000 for municipalities.
Baloran, however, said that it is up to the reconstituted local disaster council if it adopts the same amount of financial assistance or not. CIO