Davao City is composed of three (3) congressional districts subdivided into 11 administrative districts with 182 barangays.
It is governed by the City Mayor who serves as the head of the Executive branch. Under this branch, there are 18 departments categorized into 5 clusters – Social Services, Fiscal Management, Economic Development, Infrastructure, and Development Management.
On the other hand, the legislative branch, headed by the City Vice Mayor, is composed of 8 councilors per congressional district, a representative from the association of barangay affairs, SK Federation, and from the Indigenous Peoples Mandatory Representative.
The “Davao Life is Here” logo symbolizes the five icons of Davao; the regal Philippine eagle; the majestic Mt. Apo; the 11 Etho-linguistic tribes; the King of fruits durian; and the beautiful Queen of Philippine flowers, waling-waling. All are signifying the bounty and richness of the city’s flora and fauna. The logo also symbolizes what the Dabawenyos aspire and live for – unity amidst diversity.
Davao City is a globally livable city and a center of excellence in governance, investment, tourism, climate change adaptation, disaster resiliency, and sustainable growth driven by empowered citizenry.
- Ensure effective and efficient delivery of services through responsive leadership and competent human resources.
- Sustain the gains by ensuring that the people of Davao are empowered, protected and secure, and gender and culturally sensitive to attain the best quality of life.
- Continue to engage participative citizenry in resource-based, market-driven economic activities within the context of balanced ecology, and equity-led development.
- Develop a progressive and future-proof network of infrastructure, utilities, and support services.
- Maintain a disaster-resilient, climate change-adaptive, and ecologically balanced environment through ridge-to-reef approach, proper solid waste management, preservation of natural environment, promotion of renewable energy, and adoption of low carbon and eco-friendly technologies.