The creation of the Office for Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA) in Davao City paved the way to care the needs and concerns of the people ageing from sixty (60) years and above. It was established sometime in the year 1993 consistent with the provision of Republic Act No. 7432, known as “An Act to Maximize the Contribution of Senior Citizens to Nation Building, Grant Benefits and Special Privileges and For Other Purposes”. The need of creating this office was conceived and developed to put in place the provisions of laws pertaining to the protection of innate rights of the elderly.
The services offered by the office include:
- Issuance of National ID card for Senior Citizens free of charge which shall be valid anywhere in the Philippines
- Distribution on Purchase Booklet on Medicine (ID issued on Davao and Outside Davao City)
- Distribution on Discount Booklet on basic necessities (DTI) and prime commodities (DA)
- Maintain compliance of RA 9994 particularly the grant of special discounts/privileges to Senior Citizens
- Assist Senior Citizens in filing complaints or charges against establishments and deliberate complaints with the complaint Board composed of CSSDO, OSCA, and the Head of Senior Citizens Federation of Davao City
- Data banking – update o a monthly basis the list of Senior Citizens given ID and purchase slip
- Annual Elderlympics competition – physical and mental exercises for older persons which started last December 2002
- PROCESS & ACCEPT WW2 VETERANS BURIAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATION
- ASSIST THE DSWD & CSSDO IN THE VALIDATION & ISSUANCE OF SOCIAL PENSION ANDEYE CARE PROGRAM
The Office for Senior Citizens Affairs is located at the Legislative Bldg. SP G/F, Magallanes St., Davao City. You may contact them through (082) 222-8061, (082) 241-1000 Loc 394 or email them at email@example.com.