The Madrasah Comprehensive Development and Promotion Program prepares Muslim children to become “assiduous, committed Muslims” in pursuing endeavors that are beneficial to themselves, the families and the communities by primarily investing in the social, moral, intellectual and religious education of the Muslim youth of Davao through traditional Madrasah.
MCDPP was created through President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo issued Executive Order No. 283 or An Order Creating a Madrasah Development Committee in 2004. The office was created as the center of basic government services in Muslim communities all-over Davao City and recognizes the reality that the madrasah development is hampered by resource constraints, impeding the system’s realization of its potential as a viable and complementary educational system for Muslim Filipinos, as well as recognizing each local madrasah system as a mechanism that can provide educational opportunities that will contribute to the government’s efforts to enhance lasting peace and equitable development in Mindanao.
The services offered by the office include:
- Educate Muslim children with the “true values”, history, Arabic writing and reading, science and teachings of Islam to become a law-abiding citizen contributive to social and moral development.
- Community reach-out program.
- Programs promoting Eid or Islamic Festivals and developing unique feat of various Muslim tribes in Davao City.
- Document assistance to the Muslim constituents in Davao City.
- Promote Davao City as a peaceful city where all cultures and religions harmoniously co-exist.
The Madrasah Comprehensive Development and Promotion Program is located at Rizal Park, Formerly COMELEC Office, City Hall, Davao City. You may contact them through (082 228-6542) or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.