The Davao City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office is mandated under Republic Act 10121 otherwise known as “Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010”. In adherence to RA 10121and Joint Memorandum Circular No. 2014-1 dated April 4, 2014 of the NDRRMC, DILG, DBM and the CSC, On July 16,2015, the office of the Sangguniang Panlungsod issued a certification that during its 25 th and 26 th Regular Sessions held July 7, 2015 and July 14, 2015, respectively, passed and approved Resolution No. 02076-15, with its corresponding Ordinance No. 0368-15, both Series of 2015, entitled: “An Ordinance Approving the Creation and Establishment of the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office” DCDRRMO was created to spearhead the planning, coordination and harmonization of efforts in Disaster Risk Reduction and Management by empowering and building the capacities of the communities and stakeholders and through the efficient and effective delivery of programs and services for the people of Davao City.
- Provision of certification to different barangay for the utilization of Barangay Disaster Risk Reduction Management Fund
- Increase the capacity of the different stakeholders in DRRM through the conduct of trainings, seminars, orientations and other capacity enhancement activities
- Coordinate of deployment of the different community responders for emergency and disaster response utilizing the ICs
- Organize the different response clusters in the city for Disaster Response Operations
- Increase public awareness through the conduct of drills and exercises, especially at the barangay/community level
The Davao City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office is located at Central 911 Compound, Daang Patnubay, Sandawa, Matina, Davao City. You may contact them through landline numbers 082-295-2387 or 082-296-9626 loc 211 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For information, you may visit drrmo.davaocity.gov.ph or www.facebook.com/davaodrrmo.