The City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO) is the local social welfare arm of the City Government of Davao mandated to provide basic social welfare programs and services to its disadvantaged citizenry. CSSDO was devolved and decentralized to City Government of Davao on October 1, 1992 in pursuant to RA 7160 and City Ordinance No. 2374 Series of 1994 which approved the organizational structure and staffing pattern of the City of Davao in order for LGUs to exercise greater autonomy in providing basic social welfare programs and services.
The services offered by the office are the following:
- Self-Employment Assistance (SEA) Program (all categories)
- Basic Business Management Training (BBMT)
- Family Welfare and Community Welfare Programs
- Child and Youth Welfare Programs
- Women Welfare Programs
- Elderly and Persons with Disability Programs
- Emergency Assistance Programs
- Capacity Building for children, youth, women, PWDs, families, older persons and communities
- Residential Facilities Operated
The City Social Services and Development Office is located at the Old City Library Bldg., Bolton Street, Davao City. You may contact them through (082) 227-1617, (082) 295-3500, and (082) 225-0417(Telefax) or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com.