The Sangguniang Panlungsod, as the legislative body of the city, enacts resolutions and ordinances, and appropriate funds for the general welfare of the city and its inhabitants. The Office was established pursuant to Article III, Section 11, Constitution and Organization of the City Council, of Republic Act 4354 otherwise known as “An Act To Reverse The Charter Of The City Of Davao and For Other Purposes” approved on June 19, 1965. The office was created to enact resolutions and ordinances that will redound to the general welfare of the city and its constituents.
- Provides copies of approved resolutions and ordinances to all concerned parties.
- Provides copies of Minutes of all committee hearings.
- Provides copies of Journal of Proceedings of all the sessions conducted by the Sanggunian.
- Issues certifications on approved resolutions and ordinances upon request.
- Issues Certificates of Accreditation to non-government agencies and people organizations duly approved by the Sangguniang Panlungsod.
- Assist the general public relative to research on approved resolutions and ordinances enacted by the City Council.
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is located at the 3rd Floor, Sangguniang Panlungsod Building, San Pedro Street, Davao City. You may contact them at landline number (082) 2220855 or email them at email@example.com.