The Human Resource Management Office (HRMO) is the prime organization of the City Government of Davao which ensures the welfare, productivity, and enhancement of skills and competencies of City Government employees. The office started as a Division under the City Mayor’s Office until after the Agency’s Reorganization in 1996 which led to the establishment of the HRMO as a department. At present, the office is composed of five divisions that collectively aims for the improvement of quality workforce through the implementation and utilization of the necessary tools and resources such as recruitment, selection and placement, learning and development, performance management system, rewards and recognition, and other personnel matters.
The services offered by the office includes the following:
- Develops, formulates, and executes policies, rules and regulations in all areas of Human Resource Management in accordance with the Civil Service Laws and Rules.
- Establishes a sound recruitment and selection system within the organization.
- Administers the position, classification and compensation system (as prescribed by DBM) and other employees welfare program such as medical and hospitalization benefits, health and safety standards, insurance, disability, retirement, and other benefits.
- Assists the agency in the development and implementation of performance standards, insurance, disability, retirement, and other benefits.
- Assists the agency in the development and implementation of performance standards evaluation system and employee recognition programs such as national and city awards.
- Provides relevant inputs in the development and implementation of Human Resource Training and Development programs designed to raise the level of efficiency, effectiveness, and morale of the personnel in the City Government.
The Human Resource Management Office is located at Room 26, 2nd Floor, City Hall, City Hall Drive, San Pedro St., Davao City. You may contact them through (082) 241-1000 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com. For more information about the office, you may visit hrmo.davaocity.gov.ph.