The Office of the City Environment and Natural Resources is mandated to ensure that Davao City has a clean, green, and healthy environment. The office was originally created as an Ad Hoc City Environment and Natural Resources Office (CENRO) in the City of Davao by virtue of Executive Order No.6 signed by His Honor, Rodrigo Duterte, City Mayor, on February 12, 1993. CERO is established to promote proper management and utilization of its natural resources, implement mitigating measures to prevent and control land, air, and water pollution in coordination with government and non-government agencies and organizations, and maintain, protect, and preserve communal forests, watersheds, tree parks, mangroves, greenbelts, and similar forest projects and commercial forests like industrial tree farms and agro-forestry projects.
- Collects and Disposes garbage in 3 shifting in the 112 barangays of the City of Davao
- Establishment of Bio-diesel projects in Maa composting area.
- Maintains 21 parks and playgrounds, roadsides, 7 monuments and 8 nurseries within the City’s jurisdiction.
- Undertakes watershed management activities, such as monitoring and massive planting of trees.
- Monitors activities that implement measures to prevent and control the land, air and water pollution.
- Undertakes Intensified information Campaigns on households, Offices, schools, barangays and business establishments relative to the environmental awareness and management.
- Assists in the verification of all the requests for cutting or trimming of trees since the office is one of the recommendatory agencies for the issuing of cutting/ trimming permit of the DENR.
- Conducts clean up drive to the different areas of the barangays within the Davao City.
- Undertakes rehabilitation of the existing sanitary landfill in Barangay New Carmen, Poblacion District.
- Tasked in the rehabilitation of upland areas and re-greening of the urban areas to ensure the continuous.
- Issues solid waste management certification as one of the requirements in applying business permit.
- Caters application as well as quarry permit for earthfill sand and gravel and limestones.
- Distributes seedlings and composts during caravans since it is one of the Mayor’s prioritized programs.
The City Environment and Natural Resources Office is located in it’s New Office Building at CENRO Motorpool Compound, Barangay Maa, Davao City. The Office can be contacted through it’s Telephone Nos. (Landline) (082) 227-2655 / 225-0744/ 244-0094 with email address at email@example.com.Visit their website