The City Archives and Records Office (CARO) serves as the central repository, custodian, and administrator of all City Government records. It was created as a regular Department under City Ordinance 396-18 pursuant to Republic Act 9470.
- Provides Records Management Support for City Government Departments/Offices
- Storage and eventual Disposal of inactive City Records
- Digitization of permanent City Records
- Conservation and Preservation of Damaged Records
- Collection and Archival of Historical and Enduring City Records
- Conducts Records Management Trainings
- Maintains the Electronic City Records Management System
- Operates the City Archives and Records Center (CARC)
The City Archives and Records Center is located at the NMSS Institutional Area, Guillermo Torres, Sr. St., Ecoland, Davao City 8000 with telephone number (082) 225-6569 and email address email@example.com.