The Barangay and Cultural Communities Affairs (BCCAD) is the lead division of the City Mayor’s Office which serves as pipeline to executive instructions, programs, and projects of the City’s Chief Executive. BCCAD was created through Resolution No. 7526, City Ordinance No. 2374, Series of 1994 to coordinate and supervise different community programs of activities relative to Barangay Affairs including cultural communities. With this, it also has the responsibility to make recommendations and or suggestions to the City Mayor on matters affecting the general welfare and development of the different Barangays and cultural communities.
- Caters the needs of the 182 Barangays in Davao City.
- Disseminates information from the executive and legislative down to the Barangay level.
- Promotes the welfare of all the component Barangays, Tribal minorities and Muslim communities.
- Facilitates processing of Honoraria of the City Paid Barangay Tanods.
- Facilitates processing of Barangay Captains’ Travel Order and Leave of Absence.
- Conducts seminars such as leadership, values formation, climate adaptation to future leaders of the Barangay.
- Facilitates processing of payroll of detailed Job Order employees in the Barangays.
- Facilitates processing of financial assistance for the “Araw ng Barangay”.
The Barangay and Cultural Communities Affairs is located at Rm. 3, Ground Floor, City Hall, San Pedro Street, Davao City. You may contact them through (082) 241-1000 or local 245-246 or email them at Bccad.email@example.com.