The Office of the City Planning and Development Coordinator (OCPDC) is the main technical arm of the City Government of Davao with full commitment to serve as the primary source of data, architectural designs, and maps, and function as the key driver in formulating of plans, monitoring of programs, conducting of research, enforcing of Zoning Ordinance, and implementing of housing regulations. The City Planning Development Board (CPD) was created through Ordinance No. 1263 in 1974, which evolved into OCPDC in 1980, to formulate comprehensive plans for Davao City. The OCPDC was created to carve comprehensive plans, aligned for the enhancement of social, economic, and infrastructure needs of Davao City.
The services offered by the office include:
- Formulation of plans and programs for different sectors and integration of development plans into Comprehensive Development Plan
- Monitoring and evaluation of the government development programs
- Provision of demographic, statistical, and geographic data, and generation of Davao City maps
- Processing of applications for homelots, giving of assistance to informal settler associations’ organizational needs, and facilitation of the issuance of Certificate of Compliance for the demolition of structures
- Preparation of architectural designs of City Government structures
- Receiving and monitoring of the nature and progress of all applications for development permit, evaluation and submission of recommendation to Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board, imposition of notices of violation, and assessment of incidental fees
The OCPDC is located at Room 2, City Hall Building, City Hall Drive, San Pedro St., Davao City. You may contact them through landline (082) 241-1000 with trunkline numbers per division: 237 (Administrative Division), 260 (Geographic and Information System Division), 281 (Plans and Programs Division), 238 (Research and Statistical Division), 280 (Project Monitoring and Evaluation Division), 263 (Housing and Homesite Division), 239 (Zoning Enforcement Division) or 335 for telefax. You may also email them at email@example.com.