After finalizing the 23rd and final batches of the Work for Davao, Cash for Work Program, the Davao City government has opened a Special Batch for the same program launched to help Dabawenyos whose jobs were affected by the lockdowns and restrictive measures against the spread of the coronavirus diseases.
The Work for Davao, Cash for Work Program has a total allocated budget of P169,944,000 from the Local Government Support Fund downloaded from the Department of Budget and Management (DBM). Each beneficiary will receive P3,960 for their 10-day community work.
The focal person for the program, Presidential Commission for the Urban Poor (PCUP) Commissioner Norman Baloro, said that the special batch was opened to complete the 42,915 target beneficiaries of Work for Davao
He said that the city government originally planned to have 23 batches of beneficiaries for the program, however, out of the listed qualified applicants released since July, not all of them continued with the program.
“One of the reasons they haven’t continued was because they got sick during the period of implementation of their batch. Another was because there was a community lockdown in their residence or area, some also went home to their hometowns, and lastly, during the implementation of their batch, fortunately, they were hired for work,” Baloro said.
As of November 17, 21 batches have rendered their service for the program, while the list of qualified applicants for the 23rd batch is still to be announced and will start work from November 23 to December 7, 2020.
Baloro said that from the first to the 21st batch who have completed their 10-day work in their respective communities, more than 2,890 qualified applicants have not continued with their slot for the program.
Baloro has invited interested Dabawenyos to submit their applications from November 25 to 27, 2020.
Those who previously submitted their application but were not included in the list of qualified applicants in all the batches posted to re-submit their applications. They can submit the application form along with the documentary requirements to the nearest City Social Welfare and Development District Offices.
Individuals or heads of families who are out of work due to the pandemic are qualified to apply for the program. Formal workers or workers who are affected by retrenchments or closure of offices or businesses should attach a certification from their employer as proof that they are out of work.
Those in the informal sector should attach a certificate of unemployment, which can be secured from their CSWDO district offices.
Baloro said that the total number of slots available will be determined when the 23rd batch has started their 10-day work.
Meanwhile, the payout for the 10th batch of Work for Davao is ongoing. Work for Davao can only cater to 50 persons per batch in the payout venue as mandated by the guidelines released by the city government on mass gatherings. CIO