Mayor Inday commends TF Davao's commitment to peace and order


Mayor Inday Sara Duterte expressed her gratitude to the Task Force Davao on its 15th Founding Anniversary on Tuesday at the Task Force Davao Headquarters, Sta. Ana Wharf, Davao City.

“It is not easy to be a member of Task Force Davao because for them, everyday is a nightmare because anything can happen. Your job is not easy that’s why I am very thankful for your commitment to your work,” she said.

Mayor Inday said the TF “has been proven to be dynamic and responsive throughout the years,” especially against terrorism and criminality.

She also encouraged TF members to maintain their good reputation.

Mayor Inday said there had been no reports of abuse or complaints about the work and the service of TF members.

She also challenged the TF to keep the city’s peace up to 10 years or more.

“It’s been two years since the last terror attack in Davao and since then, no new (attack) happened yet that’s why we should be thankful. My greatest challenge to them is to make sure that nothing will happen here in Davao for 10 years… even more years,” Mayor Inday said.

Col. Nolasco A. Mempin, the TF Davao commander, pledged that they will continue to deliver what is expected of them as an anti-terrorism unit.

“Task Force Davao will continue its commitment of securing the safety and security of all Dabawenyos including its visitors, especially that it’s the home of the President. Now, with the influx of visitors, conferences and major events, we will heighten our security patrols, checkpoints and inspections in our detachment areas more,” Mempein added.

The TF Davao was organized on April 5, 2003 following the two bombing incidents that happened in Davao City, particularly at the Davao Old Airport (March 4, 2003) and the Sasa Wharf (April 2, 2003). CIO


Posted Apr 30, 2018 by Davao City Information Office.